The LPN program is a 1530 hour program offered full-time (12 months) or part-time (18 months), that is divided into three levels. Each level is divided between class time held on location at The Rapha School, clinical hours held at an assisted living or personal care home, and clinical hours held at a hospital. Upon graduation from the program, you will be eligible to take the NCLEX PN exam.
The next class is scheduled for October. Spaces are still available so apply now!
1. Admission Application form complete in full. Either online or by submitting a paper copy.
2. Submit a one page/500 word essay. "Why you would like to become an LPN at The Rapha School."
3. Earn a 50% or higher on the TEAS exam. Please click the following link for information on the TEAS exam. TEAS INFORMATION
4. High School Diploma or GED equivalent and/or Official Transcript showing date of graduation.
5. A Criminal History Record Information (CHRI) report from the PA State Police will be performed. This is done by The Rapha School after your application has been submitted.
6. Two letters of Recommendation. (No relatives, at least one work reference if applicable)
7. Applicant interview performed by the Director.
8. Physical form completed in full no more than 1 year prior to the program start date. Either online or by submitting a paper copy.
9. Proof of immunity to the following:
Tdap *last vaccination within 10 years
Rubella and/or Rubeola
Hepatitis B *proof of 3 injections or immunity
10. Evidence of a negative 2-step Mantoux or negative QuantiFeron®-TB Gold. The second Mantoux must be administered between 7-12 days of the first test. This must be completed prior to the program start date.
11. Provide the following Laboratory tests:
Complete Blood Count (CBC)
Upon becoming a successful applicant and being accepted into the program you will be required to pay a Seat Holding Deposit of $500. This deposit is non-refundable and will secure your seat in the class, it is not included in the tuition.
FULL-TIME PROGRAM TUITION
Tuition for the full-time LPN program is $19,000. This is the total cost for the full length of the program. The tuition covers all textbooks, uniforms, skills pack, CPR certification, ATI testing(not including TEAS entrance exam), criminal record checks, and costs associated with your licensing exam including your NCLEX review exam.
PART-TIME PROGRAM TUITION
Tuition for the part-time LPN program is $22,000. This is the total cost for the full length of the program. The tuition covers all textbooks, uniforms, skills pack, CPR certification, ATI testing(not including TEAS entrance exam), criminal record checks, and costs associated with your licensing exam including your NCLEX review exam.
Included in your tuition is a personal laptop computer. This will be provided to you during the first term and is to be used to assist you in completing school work. You will be required to bring your laptop to class to be used for online testing or skills labs. You will be given notice on these days. Your laptop is your property. We will not perform any service or maintenance and we will not replace it in the case of it breaking.
Prior to the first day of classes a $5000 deposit payment of your tuition is due. This payment is required for you to start class unless a financial arrangement is made with the admissions department beforehand.
The remaining tuition balance is due in full before the graduation date.
For more information on other funding options please visit the FUNDING OPTIONS page