The NATCEP program consists of 64 hours of lecture and lab divided into 8 classes and 56 hours of clinical divided into 7 days. Upon completion of the program you will have the skills and knowledge to work in a long-term care facility as a nurse aide. You will also be eligible to take the Pennsylvania Nurse Aide Competency exam. The Rapha School is a licensed exam center and the exam is held on location unless otherwise stated.
The next class is scheduled for September. Spaces are still available so apply now!
1. Admission Application form complete in full. Either online or by submitting a paper copy.
2. Physical form completed in full no more than 1 year prior to the program start date. More information can be found on the application page.
3. Evidence of a negative 2-step Mantoux or negative QuantiFeron®-TB Gold. The second Mantoux must be administered between 7-12 days of the first test. This must be completed prior to the program start date.
4. Show photo ID as proof of PA residency.
5. Submit payment of tuition or provide evidence of contract with nursing facility or other program that provides tuition payment.
6. A Criminal History Record Information (CHRI) report from the PA State Police will be performed by The Rapha School. The cost for this is included in your tuition. If you have already had a CHRI performed in the last 12 months prior to the program start date a refund of $22 for the cost of the check will be given.
The CHRI report must be free of prohibitive offenses. Prohibitive offenses include those contained in Act 14, Nurse Aide Resident Abuse Prevention Training Act 14 (PDF)
Tuition for the NATCEP program is $1300. This includes your textbook and workbook, skills pack, uniform, criminal record check, and your licensing exam.
Long-term nursing care facilities are responsible for the full payment of training and testing costs for candidates employed or offered employment at the time they start the nurse aide training program.
A candidate who does not have an employment relationship with a long-term care nursing facility at the time they start a NATCEP and personally incur the cost for training and testing is eligible for reimbursement if they become employed by a long-term care nursing facility within twelve (12) months of completing the nurse aide training program.
If you have any questions regarding funding options contact Aurora for details